Chalkboard Favor Bags
These favor bags are easy to make and would be perfect as a personalized favor or a great addition to the kids table at Easter. For the grownups, monogram and use them as a place card and for the kids, put a box of chalk in each one and let them decorate.
To Make You'll Need:
Muslin Bags ~ we purchased ours from Container Store
Cardstock Paper ~ we used an index card
Foam Paint Brush
Chalk and/or Chalk Pen
1. Place cardboard inside muslin bag to prevent chalkboard paint from bleeding through.
2. Cut out oval from cardstock to make stencil
3. Center stencil to muslin bag, then tape down
4. Using foam brush blot on chalkboard paint in thin coats to avoid bleeding through your stencil
5. We gave ours two solid coats ~ then allowed it to dry completely
6. Remove tape and stencil
7. Remove cardboard from bag
8. Condition chalkboard by rubbing the side of chalk on entire surface
Chalk is great for the kids and will allow for continuous decorating. For a cleaner, sharper look the Chalk Ink works great, but doesn't wipe off as easily once dried completely ~ this would be ideal for monogrammed place cards and personalized favors.
What Easter Crafts are you planning to make next week?